Easy Pasta Primavera
Author: Meals Matter; Fresh Garlic Association
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
This quick and easy recipe that features the bounty of the summer garden. It’s packed with vitamins and flavor. Quick to prepare; Vegetarian or Vegan if you omit the cheese garnish; Low Fat; Low Sodium; High Fiber.
- 1 eggplant, peeled and cut into Small sticks
- ½ lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and sliced diagonally
- 3 to 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoon water
- 12 oz spaghetti or other thin pasta, hot cooked and drained
- Grated Romano cheese
- In a large skillet, stir-fry eggplant, mushrooms, carrots and garlic in oil over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, oregano and basil; stir-fry 1 minute more.
- Add tomato wedges and water; cover and steam 2 minutes.
- Serve over hot pasta; top with grated Romano cheese.
Cooking time includes cooking pasta.
Calories: 406 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 0.4g Unsaturated fat: 1.2g Carbohydrates: 82.1g Sodium: 29.7mg Fiber: 8.5g Protein: 16g