Dilly of a Salmon Pita
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Lunch
This is a great use of canned salmon and has a creamy taste. Make ahead; Low fat.
- 14 oz. can salmon, drained
- ½ cup non fat cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 6 whole pita breads, cut in half
- Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, dill, onion powder, garlic powder, lemon juice and pepper in food processor or mix with electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in salmon and mix well. Divide mixture among pita pockets
- For storage wrap with freezer wrap and heavy duty foil and store in plastic freezer bags (or refrigerate up to 2 days). Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
Calories: 223 Fat: 4.6g Carbohydrates: 24g Sodium: 787mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 20g Cholesterol: 36mg