Crustless Cheese Quiche
Author: Meals Matter; dlife.com
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
The lack of crust reduces both the carbs and the fat in this dish making diabetic friendly! Easy to prepare.
- 10 oz broccoli, chopped, plain, frozen
- 1 cooking spray
- 1 cup liquid egg substitute
- ⅓ cup white all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1½ cup low fat cottage cheese, drained
- 1 cup low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes in a large saucepan. Drain well and set aside.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the egg product, flour, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Stir in the cottage cheese, broccoli, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, and the feta cheese.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack, and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Calories: 118 Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 9g Sodium: 341mg