Crunchy Veggie Bites
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
- 1½ lbs. broccoli florets (about 4½ cups)
- 1½ cups corn flake crumbs
- ½ cup grated nonfat Parmesan cheese
- 2 lbs. cauliflower florets (about 5 cups)
- ¾ tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup egg substitute
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ¼ cup evaporated skim milk
- Preheat oven to 475º F.
- Line Baking sheet(s) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place broccoli in microwave-safe dish; add several tablespoons water, cover and microwave 4 to 7 minutes, just until tender-crisp.
- Repeat with cauliflower. Drain well.
- Combine egg substitute and evaporated skim milk in medium bowl and mix well. Combine corn flake crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper on paper plate or plastic bag and toss until well mixed.
- Dip vegetables in egg mixture; roll in crumb mixture until coated.
- Arrange vegetables in single layer on baking sheet(s) and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until crisp and browned.
Vegetables can be frozen; thaw in refrigerator for several hours and reheat in 500ºF oven 7 to 8 minutes, until heated through.
Calories: 146 Fat: .5g Carbohydrates: 26g Sodium: 314mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 1mg