Cream of Asparagus Soup
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 2 cups nonfat half-and-half
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 oz. pkg. frozen asparagus cuts, cooked and drained
- 2 tbsp. nonfat chicken broth
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¾ tsp. Sugar
- Pepper to taste
- Combine half-and-half, flour, broth, salt, pepper, asparagus, and sugar in food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into saucepan; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Immediately reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and heated through.
Calories: 78 Fat: 0.4 Carbohydrates: 13g Sodium: 351mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 7g Cholesterol: 2mg