Couscous and Green Beans
Author: Meals Matter; Muscle & Fitness Hers Magazine
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
Couscous is a terrific and toothy alternative grain that provides a neutral canvas for all kinds of different herbs, spices and veggies. Quick to prepare; Vegan; Vegetarian; Make Ahead.
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 2 cups uncut green beans, steamed
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon pepper to taste
- Cook couscous the night before and refrigerate.
- Steam green beans in microwave and refrigerate.
- Before serving, mix lemon juice, green onions and olive oil. Add to couscous.
- Arrange green beans on a plate; sprinkle with lemon pepper. Serve couscous on the side.
Calories: 167 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 23g Sodium: 262mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 4g