Author: Countertop Magician By Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tbsp chopped green onions, divided
- 14½ oz can nonfat chicken broth
- ¼ to ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1½ cups nonfat half-and-half
- 1½ cups skim milk
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 (6½ oz) cans minced clams, undrained
- 2 tbsp low fat bacon bits
- Spray large saucepan or Dutch oven with cooking spray.
- Combine potatoes, ⅓ cup green onions, chicken broth and garlic powder in pan and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Pour half the potato mixture into food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture back into pan; add half-and-half, skim milk, pepper, clams, and bacon bits.
- Cook, stirring frequently, over medium heat until mixture thickens and is heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining green onions before serving.
Calories: 254 Fat: 1.9g Carbohydrates: 47g Sodium: 390mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 39mg