Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Side Dishes
- 1½ cups plus 1 tbsp. nonfat vegetable broth
- ¼ cup apple juice
- 8 oz. pkg. sliced fresh mushrooms
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ¼ cup water
- 15 oz. can low sodium garbanzo beans
- 10 oz. pkg. quick-cooking plain couscous
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- Spray a large nonstick skillet cooking spray
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable broth and heat over medium-high heat
- Add mushrooms
- Sprinkle with onion powder and cook, stirring frequently until mushrooms are softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add beans, raisins, apple juice and cinnamon to mushrooms.
- Toss mixture lightly and remove skillet from heat.
- Pour remaining broth and water into a small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add couscous to mushroom mixture in skillet; pour boiling broth over top.
- Cover and let mixture stand 5 minutes, until liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork and serve immediately.
Calories: 248 Fat: 1.4g Carbohydrates: 51g Sodium: 396mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 9g Cholesterol: 0mg