Chocolate Mascarpone Strawberries
Author: Meals Matter; Los Angeles Times
Recipe type: Desserts
This is a bright, creamy and delicious dish; Easy to prepare; Low calorie; Low fat; Low sodium; Make Ahead.
- 12 large strawberries with stems attached
- ¼ cup Mascarpone cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- ¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted, plus more for garnish
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Grand Marnier (optional)
- Wash the strawberries and pat dry with a paper towel. Cut each in half starting at the top stem end.
- Combine the mascarpone and cream cheeses, sugar, cocoa, milk and Grand Marnier in a bowl.
- Whisk or use an electric hand mixer to thoroughly combine.
- Fill pastry bag with a star tip or snip off the end of a resealable plastic bag and pipe a star or dollop of the mixture in the center of the cut side of each strawberry.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.
Calories: 31 Fat: 2g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 16mg Fiber: .96g Protein: 1g