Chocolate Chip Sour Cream Bread
Author: Countertop Magician by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breads
This easy dessert bread has just a touch of chocolate to satisfy those cravings. Low fat; Low cholesterol
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup miniature chocolate chips
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine applesauce, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, and egg substitute in large bowl; beat with handheld mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Add baking powder and baking soda; mix until frothy.
- Gradually add flour and mix just until ingredients are blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into loaf pan and bake 45 to 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 to 15 minutes in pan before removing; sprinkle with powdered sugar just before serving (if using).
Calories: 113 Fat: 1.5g Carbohydrates: 23g Sodium: 69mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g Cholesterol: 0mg