Chinese Chicken Corn Soup
Author: Meals Matter; Adapted from Everything Quick Meals Cookbook
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
This creamy and rich soup is easy to prepare and cilantro and veggies can be added for a different twist. Low Sodium.
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 8.25 ounce can of creamed corn, no added salt
- 1 cup diced, cooked, and skinned chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Combine chicken broth, corn, and chicken pieces in a large saucepan.
- Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water and add to soup. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add to soup and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cook until foamy.
- Ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with parsley
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Calories: 106 Fat: 1.5g Carbohydrates: 9g Sodium: 250mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 14g