Chilled Carrot Soup with Garden Herbs
Author: Fat Free Living Cookbook From Around The World by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 5 large carrots, sliced thin
- 1 large white onion, sliced thin
- 5 cups fat free chicken broth
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. chopped chives
- Lightly spray large nonstick skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over medium high heat.
- Add sliced carrots and onions; cook, stirring frequently, 5-6 minutes.
- Add thyme, brown sugar and nutmeg; cook 5 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth into skillet and cook, uncovered, 20 minutes.
- Pour mixture into food processor or blender and purée until smooth.
- Add orange juice and mix well.
- Chill in refrigerator about 40 minutes and serve in chilled bowls.
- Garnish with chives and serve immediately.
Calories: 71 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 16g Sodium: 371mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg