Chicken Tortilla Soup
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
- 8 cups + 2 tbsp. nonfat chicken broth, divided
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped green chiles
- 2 cups cubed, cooked low-fat chicken
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup frozen bell pepper strips
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. cumin
- Baked tortilla chips
- Spray large soup pot with cooking spray; add 2 tablespoons chicken broth and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and chiles to pot; cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add remaining broth, chicken, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice and cumin; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 to 15 minutes.
- Soup can be refrigerated or frozen; reheat on stove top or in microwave oven.
- Just before serving, garnish with baked tortilla strips.
Calories: 90 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 7g Sodium: 1013mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 11g Cholesterol: 26mg