Chicken and Noodles
Author: 1,001 Delicious Recipes for People with Diabetes Edited by Linda Eugene, R.D., C.D.E., Sue Spitler, and Linda R. Yoakam, R.D., M.S.
Recipe type: Entrees
Can anyone say comfort food? Easy to prepare; Kids love it!
- 3 tablespoon butter
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon dried sage leaves
- ¼ teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1 can (13¾ oz) reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- ¼ cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoon diced pimientos
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pkg (10 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed, drained
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz thin egg noodles, cooked al dente
- ¼ cup unseasoned dry bread crumbs, optional
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat; whisk in flour, sage and marjoram and cook, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Whisk in broth and milk; whisk until boiling and thickened.
- Add pimientos and pepper.
- Combine vegetables, chicken, and noodles in 2-quart casserole.
- Pour sauce evenly over top; sprinkle with bread crumbs, if using.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350ºF until browned and bubbly, about 30 minutes.
Calories: 507 Fat: 13.9g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 55.5g Sodium: 273mg Fiber: n/a Protein: 38.6g Cholesterol: 118.2mg