Cherry Glazed Pan Seared Lamb Chops
Author: Meals Matter; Cooking Light
Recipe type: Entrees
Cherry preserves and balsamic vinegar combine for a quick, tasty glaze. Pair with couscous or brown rice to soak up any extra pan sauce. Easy to prepare; Quick to prepare
- Cooking spray
- 2 tsp dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 (4-ounce) lamb loin chops, trimmed
- 2 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup fat-free, low sodium beef broth
- ½ cup cherry preserves
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. coat pan with cooking spray.
- Combine rosemary, salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Rub spice mixture evenly over both sides of lamb.
- Add lamb to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side. Remove lamb from pan. Wipe pan clean with paper towels.
- Return pan to medium heat and re-coat with cooking spray.
- Add garlic to pan; cook 30 seconds. Add remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper and broth; cook 1 minute, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
- Stir in preserves and vinegar; cook 3 minutes or until slightly thick.
- Return lamb to pan; turn to coat. cook 1 minute or until desired degree of doneness. garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Calories: 370 Fat: 17.6g Saturated fat: 7.4g Unsaturated fat: 1.3g Carbohydrates: 29.2g Sodium: 422mg Fiber: .4g Protein: 22.6g