California Summer Salad
Author: Meals Matter; California Strawberry Commission
Recipe type: Salads
This light summer salad is brimming with fruit. Perfect for those hot summer days (or nights). Vegetarian.
- 1 container (8 oz) nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce cut into 8 wedges
- 8 fresh apricots, halved and pits removed
- 1 pint basket of fresh strawberries
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded, sliced and rind removed
- ¼ cup shelled and chopped natural pistachios
- To make dressing, in a bowl whisk yogurt, orange juice concentrate, basil and honey.
- To assemble salad, on individual serving plates (or on a platter) arrange remaining ingredients, dividing equally.
- Serve dressing on the side.
Calories: 237 Fat: 4g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 34g Sodium: 110mg Fiber: 5.5g Protein: 8g