California Pistachio Pesto Pasta
Author: DCC – Meals Matter; California Pistachio Commission
Recipe type: Entrees
This is an easy to prepare and flavorful pasta dish and the pistachio nuts provide some great crunch. Vegetarian; Quick to prepare.
- 1 cup packed, fresh basil leaves
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup shelled, roasted/salted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ⅛ teaspoon cracked pepper
- 8 oz pasta (uncooked)
- Place basil, cheese, pistachios, oil, garlic, and pepper in food processor or blender; process until well blended.
- Boil pasta as directed on package, drain.
- In a large bowl combine the pesto and pasta.
Calories: 272 Fat: 14g Saturated fat: 2.5g Unsaturated fat: 1.7g Carbohydrates: 30g Sodium: 107mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 8g