Butternut Bisque with Ravioli
Author: Meals Matter Trim & Terrific Freezer Friendly Meals by Holly Clegg
Recipe type: Soups and Stews
A thick, rich soup with a velvety texture. The ravioli may be omitted for an equally good soup. Make ahead.
- 1 tbl Butter
- 1 cup Chopped onion
- 4 pounds Butternut squash, peeled, pulp and seeds removed and cut into cubes
- 4 cups Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- 4 ounces Reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup Fat-free half and half or buttermilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 ounces Cheese-filled ravioli
- In a large non-stick pot, melt the butter and saute the onion until tender.
- Add the squash, chicken broth, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer for about 15 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain well and set aside.
- In batches, pour soup with cream cheese into food processor or blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cooked ravioli to the soup and serve.
If freezing, do not prepare and add the ravioli. Freeze soup without it. When preparing after freezing, defrost the soup and reheat it. Prepare the ravioli, drain and add to soup before serving.
Calories: 209 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 323mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 8g