Breaded Trout with Almonds
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
The light breading provides a crispy exterior paired with the almonds. Easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Lemon pepper to taste
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1½ lbs. rainbow trout fillets
- ½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Spray shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine lemon juice, lemon pepper and egg substitute in small bowl.
- Dip fillets in lemon mixture and roll in bread crumbs to coat.
- Arrange in single layer in baking dish and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Cover and refrigerate up to several hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake fish fillets 10 minutes, until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
Calories: 227 Carbohydrates: 0g Sodium: 158mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 96mg