Boneless Pork Chops with Sauteed Apples
Author: MealsMatter.org; Better Homes and Garden
Recipe type: Entrees
A sweet and tasty pork dish. Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Kids can help make it.
- 1 Medium-size red onion
- Salad oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops, each 1¼ inches thick
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 medium-size golden delicious apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Thinly slice onion.
- Add oil to skillet and heat over medium heat
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Remove onion to small bowl.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt on both sides.
- Cook pork chops 5 minutes over medium high heat.
- Turn pork chops; sprinkle with thyme, pepper, and ½ tsp salt.
- Cook 3 to 5 minutes longer until pork just loses its pink color throughout.
- Remove pork chops to dinner plates; keep warm.
- Cut unpeeled apple into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Add 2 teaspoons salad oil to skillet and lightly brown apple slices
- Sprinkle with sugar set aside.
- In cup, mix apple juice and corn starch. Stir apple-juice mixture and onions into skillet, stirring constantly until mixture boils.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Pour mixture over pork chops and apple slices.
Calories: 474 Fat: 32g Saturated fat: 8g Unsaturated fat: 10.5g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: 219mg Fiber: 1.5g Protein: 32g