Author: The Fat Free Living 2 Cookbook by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
These hearty blueberry pancakes are packed with whole grains and antioxidants. They call for frozen blueberries so they can be made anytime of the year. low fat; low cholesterol.
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 carton egg substitute
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup frozen blueberries, thawed, washed and drained
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, egg substitute and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine remaining dry ingredients.
- Combine dry and liquid ingredients.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Lightly coat skillet with cooking spray and heat.
- Pour ¼ cup of batter into skillet and cook until bubbles start to appear on the surface of the pancake, flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.
Calories: 78 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 14g Sodium: 131mg Fiber: 29g Protein: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg