Blueberry Crepes with Maple Cream
Author: Meals Matter; DCC
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
Good for any meal of the day. Cook with Kids; Low Fat; Low Sodium.
- ⅔ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 Egg
- Vegetable cooking spray
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1¼ cups fresh blueberries
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- MAPLE CREAM
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons plain low fat yogurt
- MAPLE CREAM:
- Combine cottage cheese and maple syrup in container of an electric blender; cover and process until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl; stir in yogurt.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
- Combine flour, sugar, milk and eggs in container of an electric blender
- Cover and process until smooth, scraping sides of container occasionally with a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter into a bowl; cover and chill 30 minutes.
- Combine water, sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan; stir well.
- Place over medium heat; cook 3 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Add blueberries; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 1 minute, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice.
- COOKING THE CREPES:
- Coat an 8-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Remove pan from heat and spoon 2 tablespoons batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions so batter covers pan with a thin film.
- Place pan back on heat and cook about 1-1/2 minutes. Lift edge of crepe to test for doneness. Crepe is ready to turn when it can be shaken loose from pan. Turn crepe, and cook 1 minute on other side.
- Place crepe on a towel, and allow to cool.
- Repeat this procedure until all of the batter is used.
- Stack crepes between single layers of wax paper to prevent sticking.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons blueberry mixture in center of each crepe;
- Fold each crepe in half, then in quarters.
- Spoon Maple Cream over crepes.
Calories: 159 Fat: 1.3g Saturated fat: 0.5g Unsaturated fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 70mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 5g