Blue Cheese and Chive Potato Salad
Author: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring ’05 Cookbook By Duke University Diet & Fitness Center
Recipe type: Salads
A tangy and creamy potato salad. Low calorie; Low fat; Low cholesterol; Low sodium.
- 1¼ lb. round red potatoes, peeled, and cubed (4 cups)
- ⅓ cup nonfat sour cream alternative
- ¼ cup nonfat buttermilk
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¾ teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 oz. crumbled blue cheese, (¼ cup)
- ¼ cup diced purple onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ⅛ cup chopped fresh chives
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water, and bring to a boil.
- Cook 8 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, buttermilk, pepper and cider vinegar.
- Stir in blue cheese. Add onion, celery and fresh chives.
- Pour over potatoes; toss gently to coat. Cover and chill.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center’s meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center’s meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Calories: 80 Fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 15g Sodium: *mg Fiber: *g Protein: 2g Cholesterol: *mg