Blackberry Mustard Chicken
Author: Duke Diet and Fitness Center Cookbook, Spring ’05 Cookbook By Duke University Diet & Fitness Center
Recipe type: Entrees
The blackberries add a little tartness to this easy to prepare chicken dish that is perfect for weeknights! Easy to prepare; Low in calories; Low in sodium; Low in fat; Low in cholesterol.
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 7 tablespoons hot Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 (4 oz.) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons blackberry mustard
- Add blackberries to food processor and process about 1 minute or until smooth
- Strain and discard seeds.
- Combine blackberry purée, Dijon mustard, and remaining ingredients in a bowl; stir well.
- Baste each chicken breast with 1 tablespoon blackberry mustard and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 – 30 minutes or grill.
*The Duke Diet and Fitness Center’s meals are low in calories, fat and sodium, but high in taste. The Center’s meals have a daily total of approximately 1,500 mg of sodium. The USDA 2005 dietary guidelines for Americans is to consume less than 2,300 mg of sodium.
Serving size: 3 oz Calories: 150 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 12g Sodium: * Fiber: * Protein: 5g Cholesterol: *