Basil and Pine Nut Sauce with Penne
Author: Meals Matter
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
This meatless pasta sauce requires no cooking; the heat of the pasta warms the sauce on its own. Makes a substantial side dish or a light main course. Vegetarian; Low Sodium.
- 1 lb dried pasta; fusilli, penne or spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions and drain.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet. Lightly saute pine nuts.
- Toss pasta with butter and fresh basil or parsley and sauteed pine nuts.
- Sprinkle a pinch of paprika over the top of each serving.
Prep time includes cooking the pasta.
Calories: 503 Fat: 10g Saturated fat: 3g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 86g Sodium: 39mg Protein: 16g