Barbecue Meat Loaf Muffins
Author: Cook Once, Eat For A Week by Jyl Steinback, America’s Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Entrees
These individual meat loafs aren’t really muffins at all. Great for making ahead. Easy to prepare.
- 1½ lbs. very lean ground beef
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoon cracker meal
- 2 tablespoon wheat bran
- 1½ teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 5 oz. can evaporated skim milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- ¾ cup chopped green bell pepper
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Spray 6 large or 12 regular muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except barbecue sauce in medium bowl and mix well.
- Shape beef mixture to fit muffin cups and press down lightly.
- Brush top of “muffins” with barbecue sauce and bake 25 to 30 minutes, until meat is cooked through.
- Cool to room temperature; wrap and store in plastic freezer bags for up to 6 weeks.
- To reheat: thaw in microwave on low heat or refrigerator overnight.
- Bake in 350ºF oven 15 to 20 minutes, until heated through.
- Serve with additional warmed barbecue sauce.
Calories: 369 Fat: 6g Carbohydrates: 34g Sodium: 372mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 41g Cholesterol: 71mg