Baked Apples and Sweet Potatoes
Author: Meals Matter.org
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
Smells great while baking!!
- 2 cups Baking apples
- 2 cups Sweet potatoes
- ½ cup Apple cider
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon Ginger
- 1 tablespoon Butter melted
- ¼ cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- Peel core, and cut apples into medium sized pieces.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into small pieces.
- Toss all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour into deep baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degree for 45-60 minutes, until tender (drain excess juice if necessary).
- Serve as side dish with roasted turkey or other main course.
Calories: 202 Fat: 2.5 Saturated fat: 1.3 Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 5g Protein: 1.4g