Author: Courtesy of California Avocado Commission
Recipe type: Entrees
An easy to prepare, yet flavorful dish perfect for a weeknight dinner. Vegetarian Easy to prepare; Quick to prepare.
- 1⅓ teaspoon olive oil
- ⅔ Cup diced bell peppers
- ⅙ Cup white wine vinegar
- ⅓ Cup chopped fresh basil
- ⅚ Cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ Cup chopped green onion
- 1 California Avocado, diced
- ⅔ Pound dried fettuccine
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, peppers, vinegar, basil, green onions, sun dried tomatoes and half of the California avocado.
- Toss ingredients together well so they are evenly coated with the oil and vinegar.
- Cook pasta in boiling water for 6 minutes or until “al dente.”
- Drain pasta and pour into salad bowl with the other ingredients while the pasta is still hot.
- Toss together and serve immediately, using the remaining California avocado as a garnish on top of the pasta.
Calories: 402 Fat: 11g Saturated fat: 1.6g Unsaturated fat: 1.6g Carbohydrates: 66g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 20mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 12g Cholesterol: 0mg