Asparagus Ricotta Frittata with Parmesan
Author: Meals Matter Vegetarian Times
Recipe type: Breakfast Dishes
- 4 whole eggs plus 4 whites
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb. Asparagus, hard stems removed, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- ⅓ cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300F
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites and ricotta in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in large, ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus and 2 tbs. water, and season with salt. Cover, and cook 4 minutes, or until asparagus has softened.
- Uncover, raise heat to medium-high and cook 3 to 4 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated and asparagus is crispy, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour egg mixture over asparagus. Cook 5 minutes, or until eggs begin to st around sides.
- Sprinkle Parmesan over top, and transfer to oven. Bake 15 minutes, or until frittata is set.
- Slide out of skillet, and slice into 6 wedges.
Calories: 196 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 4g Sodium: 447mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 13g