Asparagus with Romano Cheese and Pine Nuts
Recipe type: Vegetables
- 1 pound fresh asparagus (cut in half, using the top half of the spear)
- 1½ tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup Romano cheese, fresh grated
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 fresh lemon
- Turn on the broiler to high heat.
- Arrange asparagus on a baking sheet.
- Brush with olive oil on both sides of the asparagus.
- Add the cheese and pine nuts.
- Broil for 4 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pepper and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
Calories: 64 Fat: 5g Saturated fat: 1g Unsaturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 31mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 2g