Asparagus with Fresh Herbs
Author: Supermarket Gourmet by Jyl Steinback, Americas Healthiest Mom
Recipe type: Vegetables
- ¾ lb. fresh asparagus spears, cleaned and trimmed
- 2 tsp. nonfat chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp. chopped green onion
- 1 tbsp. dried minced onion
- 1½ tsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¾ tsp. lemon juice
- Place asparagus spears in microwave-safe baking dish; sprinkle with water and microwave on High 4 to 5 minutes, just until crisp-tender.
- While asparagus is cooking, combine remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat.
- When asparagus is done, spoon sauce over top and serve immediately.
Calories: 100 Fat: .1g Carbohydrates: 2g Sodium: 10mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg