Apple Oat Muffins
Author: Meals Matter; Vegetarian Times
Recipe type: Breads
Wake up to the smell of this moist, hearty muffin filled with fruit and whole grains. Make Ahead; Vegetarian.
- 2 cups Peeled, finely diced apples, such as McIntosh (2-3 medium apples)
- 1½ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 cup Quick-cooking oats
- ⅔ cup Firmly packed brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 8oz. Plain low-fat yogurt (1 cup)
- ¼ cup Non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat 12 standard muffin pan cups with cooking spray.
- Place diced apple on paper towels to drain; pat dry.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in medium bowl, and stir with whisk.
- Combine yogurt, milk, oil, vanilla and egg in small bowl and stir to blend.
- Make well in center of flour mixture; add milk mixture, stirring just until moist.
- Mix in apple.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared cups. Bake 20 minutes, or until muffins spring back when pressed lightly in center. Remove from pan, and cool on wire rack.
Calories: 174 Fat: 3.5g Saturated fat: 0.5g Carbohydrates: 32g Sodium: 195mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 3g