Apple Onion Stuffing
Author: Meals Matter, DCC
Recipe type: Side Dishes – Carbs
A sweet, yet savory stuffing with a little crunch too.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 7 cups bread cubes (about 14 slices)
- ¾ cup dried cranberries or raisins, plumped
- 3 cups diced unpeeled red or green apples
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1¼ to ½ cups turkey or chicken stock
- Melt the butter in a large skillet.
- Add onions, shallot, and celery and saute until onions are golden.
- Add bread cubes, cranberries, apples, parsley, and pecans and mix well with a fork.
- Add just enough stock to make a moist stuffing.
- Place in a nonstick baking pan, cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- If stuffing dries out while baking add more stock.
Calories: 165 Fat: 7g Saturated fat: 2g Unsaturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 24g Sodium: 259mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 3g