Apple Chicken Stir-Fry
Author: Fruits & Veggies—More Matters™ recipes.
Recipe type: Entrees
Quick to prepare; Easy to prepare; Low in calories.
- 1 pound cubed boneless, skinless, chicken breast
- ½ cup onion, vertically sliced
- 1 ¾ cups (3-4 medium) carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1 cup fresh or frozen Chinese pea pods
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 medium baking apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in non-stick skillet until lightly browned and cooked.
- Remove from skillet.
- Stir-fry onion, carrots and basil in oil in same skillet until carrots are tender.
- Stir in pea pods and water; stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in apple.
- Add to chicken, serve hot over cooked rice.
Calories: 330 Fat: 7.7g Saturated fat: 1.1g Carbohydrates: 30g Sodium: 111mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 29g Cholesterol: 66mg