Apple Cheese Wraps
Author: MealsMatter.org;Light & Tasty Feb/Mar 2003, p60
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
This is a sweet dish that can be served as a snack or a dessert. Quick to prepare; Cook with Kids.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples
- ¼ cup golden raisins (optional)
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Spice Island® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- ⅓ cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 10 tablespoons Reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat
- Add brown sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Add the apples, raisins, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until apples are tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
- Place each tortilla on a 12-in. square piece of foil.
- Top with about ¼ cup apple mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in sides of tortilla and roll up. Wrap in foil.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over wraps. Serve warm with whipped topping.
Serving size: 1 wrap Calories: 302 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 54g Sodium: 313mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 6g Cholesterol: 9mg