American-Mexican Chip Dip
Recipe type: Appetizers & Snacks
Quick to Prepare (under 30 minutes); Vegetarian; Good Source of Calcium.
- 8 oz. can re-fried beans
- 10 oz. can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 8 oz. pepper jack cheese
- 8 oz. pasteurized prepared cheese product
- Corn chips
- In a large pot, heat beans and tomatoes with liquid over medium heat.
- Add chili powder and cumin and stir until well mixed.
- Cut pasteurized prepared cheese product into chunks
- Grate pepper jack.
- Add both cheeses to bean mixture and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted.
- Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Calories: 279 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 6g Unsaturated fat: 5g Carbohydrates: 21g Sodium: 570mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 9g