150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Defeat Diabetes Foundation Book Reviewer
Why this position is important
Diabetes is a complex disorder and requires specialized knowledge to manage it effectively. Yet, with so much information available today, consumers can benefit from a thoughtful review of the literature to steer them toward Books You Can Use™.
How it will impact your community
You will be providing valuable, potentially lifesaving information to members of your community; reducing their risk of developing the disease; and avoiding or coping with the complications associated with diabetes.
The Book Reviewer will be responsible for reading a book of their choosing from a selected group of categories and reviewing the book according to DDF editorial guidelines for publication on the DDF website.
Provide usable book reviews to enable people with diabetes evaluate what books to read to help them pursue a healthier life style. Also, these reviews will help care givers, family and friends with invaluable insight and suggestions for understanding, working and living with diabetics.
3 - 6 book reviews annually
· Represent Defeat Diabetes Foundation in a professional manner
· Provide authorship statement (material is original and yours to publish)
· Provide statement regarding reason for interest in subject matter and/or expertise
· Provide final manuscript for review/publication to DDF via e-mail as an attachment
· Be able to read and comprehend English language at a high school grade level
· Be able to write at a high school grade level utilizing correct spelling, punctuation and grammar
· Have an interest and some knowledge about the subject matter of the book you are reviewing; or have an expertise in the area
computer and internet access
Job Description (PDF)
Editorial Guidelines (PDF)
Book Review Categories (PDF)
Join us on Facebook
Send your unopened, unexpired diabetes testing supplies to:
Defeat Diabetes Foundation