150 153rd Ave,
Madeira Beach, FL 33708
Defeat Diabetes Foundation (DDF) Advertising Policy
Reason for Policy
1. To comply with IRS regulations concerning tax-exempt status and advertising and sponsorship.
2. To address the potential for conflict of interest and to assure freedom from influence.
3. To set a clear and concise policy for all potential advertisers and users of the web site to understand.
Definition of Terms in Statement
The following definitions should be considered general and applicable to this policy only.
• Web page: A page created or maintained by or on behalf of Defeat Diabetes Foundation
• Hyperlink or Hypertext Link: A logo, text, or other identifier incorporating a link to a Web site external to Defeat Diabetes Foundation, placed on a DDF Web page with or without compensation.
• Advertising: A logo, text, or other identifier incorporating a link to a Web site external to Defeat Diabetes Foundation, placed on a DDF Web page in exchange for remuneration or gifts in kind, where that placement is intended to promote or market a service, facility or product offered by the external Web site for a commercial purpose. Advertising includes messages containing qualitative or comparative language, price information or other indications of savings or value, an endorsement, or an inducement to purchase, sell, or use any company, service, facility or product.
• Qualified Sponsorship: A logo, text, or other identifier incorporating a link to a Web site external to Defeat Diabetes Foundation, placed on a DDF Web page to acknowledge donation of services, products, or financial or research support to the Defeat Diabetes Foundation. The IRS defines sponsorship as "a payment for which there is no expectation that the sponsor will receive a 'substantial return benefit,' the income received by the sponsored organization is not subject to tax as unrelated business income."
• Banner Ad: A typically rectangular advertisement placed on a Web site, above, below, or to the side of the site's main content area.
While we accept advertising, we don’t specifically endorse any products or services.
Links to commercial vendors may be made in the following specific situations:
• Licensed software required for Web viewing: The logo or graphic represents licensed software on which a core function of the page is based, e.g., Netscape, Adobe Acrobat Reader, RealAudio, VeriSign.
• Links to separately contracted vendor: The logo or link is to a vendor or other entity separately contracted to provide services to the Foundation, e.g., Groundspring, Firstgiving, etc.
• Sponsorship Recognition: A logo or link can be displayed to acknowledge support of the Foundation’s mission-related activities through sponsorship. Such logos or links are deemed to be recognition of corporate or other external sponsorship.
• Educational Purposes: The text link provides information for educational or other mission-related purposes and the Foundation has received no consideration for incorporating that link.
• Paid Links for Products or Services
Guidelines for Linking and Presentation
A link should provide information for educational or other mission-related purposes.
While the Foundation staff has thoroughly evaluated the businesses and organizations that are contained at this links page to insure the highest quality and value to people with diabetes, such links should in no way imply endorsement of products or services offered by the external entity.
The logo, text or graphic should not include any qualitative or comparative language or descriptions of the non-Foundation party's products, services, facilities or company including, but not limited to, price information, inducement to purchase, endorsements, savings or value.
Particularly in cases where a group of external hyperlinks is included, the following language is recommended for inclusion: Links to Web sites external to Defeat Diabetes Foundation should not be considered endorsement of those Web sites or any information contained therein.
In all cases, the design of pages that incorporate commercial links must be consistent with established graphic and placement standards for Foundation Web pages. For example, commercial or text logos or display material may not be placed in the nameplate area, roughly the top quarter of a page; and pop-up notice of sponsorship will not be allowed.
Advertisements Clearly Identified
We believe it is important for you to be able to distinguish between advertisements and offers from Defeat Diabetes Foundation's consumer health information. For this reason, all advertisements and sponsorship acknowledgments are separated from our consumer health information. Each is clearly labeled, for example, with the word "-“advertisement" running along the top, - side or bottom of the box in which the advertisement or sponsorship acknowledgment appears.
Information marked –“advertisement” may include advertisements and offers from third parties, as well as "in-house" advertisements that will link you to consumer health information we wish to highlight.
Information marked –“advertisement” may include advertisements and offers from third parties. "In-house" advertisements for products that are not immediately discernable that they belong to Defeat Diabetes Foundation, will be labeled DDF advertisement. Non-paid, third logos are labeled "Friendly Banners" and are not paid advertisements.
DDF follows the following advertising guidelines, which comply with the American Medical Association’s “Principles for Advertising and Sponsorship.” Advertisers on the DDF Web Site agree to abide by the following policies.
DDF will sell advertising space on its web site only when the inclusion of such advertising does not interfere with the Mission, Vision or Values of DDF, or the development or implementation of its Strategic Plan.
The appearance of advertising on the DDF web site will constitute neither a guarantee nor an endorsement by DDF of the product, service; company involved, or of the claims made for the product within the advertisement. The DDF web site will include a Disclaimer statement regarding advertising on its web site.
DDF retains sole discretion when deciding to approve or deny web site advertisements. This includes, but is not limited to, such factors as the advertisement’s size, format, appearance, placement, and the length of time the advertisement will appear on the DDF web site. DDF reserves the right to not link to or to remove links to other web sites. DDF reserves the right to remove any advertisement that was previously approved.
The decision to sell advertising space will be made independently of editorial content on the web site. Advertisers will not influence editorial decisions or web site content. Advertisements will be clearly distinguishable from editorial content.
Web site visitors will have the option to view, or not to view, each advertisement (ie: to “click on”, or not to “click on”, the ad). Visitors will not be sent to a commercial site unless they choose to do so by “clicking on” the advertisement. Visitors will not be prevented from returning to the DDF web site or to other previously-viewed screens (ex: the back-button will not be disabled by the advertiser), nor will the visitor be redirected to a site they did not intend to visit.
Advertiser web sites will not frame the DDF web site content without the express permission of DDF.
DDF logos may not appear on the advertiser’s web site without prior written approval. The advertiser may not refer to the fact that its ad has appeared on the DDF web site in any collateral advertising - unless it has been agreed to by DDF.
DDF sells ad space only. DDF will not guarantee that advertisers will experience any specific increase in web site traffic and/or sales, such as in click-through rates or number of visitors, or make any other such guarantees in regards to the effectiveness of the advertisement.
Clicking On Advertisements
If you click on a third-party advertisement, you may be leaving Defeat Diabetes Foundation and will be directed to the advertiser's site. Be aware that Defeat Diabetes Foundation has no control over the practices of other Web sites. Your computer may receive cookies from other sites and you will not be protected by Defeat Diabetes Foundation's security and privacy policies.
At times, when you click on an advertisement, a box will pop up asking you to respond to a survey or poll or answer a question. These boxes are controlled by the advertiser; information you enter into these boxes is submitted to the advertiser, not to Defeat Diabetes Foundation. An advertiser will not be allowed to capture any personal data while on the DDF web site.
Defeat Diabetes Foundation maintains absolute editorial independence. Defeat Diabetes Foundation may receive funding from third parties who pay for the right to advertise their companies and products on our site. This funding supports Defeat Diabetes Foundation's efforts to develop comprehensive and credible consumer health information.
At times, third parties may pay for the right to sponsor certain areas of information on our site. Defeat Diabetes Foundation may agree to develop information about a certain topic in return for this sponsorship. However, Defeat Diabetes Foundation develops this information in accordance with our editorial policy and practices; sponsors have no editorial input or influence on the information itself.
Advertisers and sponsors also have no influence over the order of the listing of responses to a search request on our site. We do not allow advertisers or sponsors to purchase priority listings in our search engine.
Defeat Diabetes Foundation Does Not Endorse Products
The appearance of third-party advertisements or sponsorship acknowledgements on Defeat Diabetes Foundation is not a guarantee or an endorsement by Defeat Diabetes Foundation.
Types of Advertisements Not Accepted
Defeat Diabetes Foundation does not accept advertising that we know either contains false or misleading claims or promotes ineffective and/or dangerous products. Defeat Diabetes Foundation also does not accept advertising for tobacco, pornography, political candidates, advertising simulating editorial content, advertising inconsistent with the programs and purposes of the Foundation, or in conflict with Foundation-sponsored programs.
Advertisements Are Not Targeted To You
Advertisers and sponsors may target their messages to specific health information categories within our site, but we do not use personal information about you to determine which advertisements you will see when you visit our site.
Advertisers may not use any capturing of data or cookies while on the DDF web site. However, once off the DDF web site, DDF cannot guarantee any use of such methods.
Sharing Aggregate User Information
Defeat Diabetes Foundation may share aggregated anonymous statistical information regarding site usage and traffic patterns with our advertisers and sponsors. Information in these aggregated summary reports cannot be linked to you individually. Any information provided by you to the advertiser is not controlled by Defeat Diabetes Foundation.
Updating This Policy
This advertising policy may be revised periodically. When we make significant changes that affect our advertising policies and practices, we will post a notice on the Defeat Diabetes Foundation home page. We recommend that you read our advertising policy whenever you visit our site in case you missed our notice.
Website Advertising Rates
DDF will review the Web Site Advertising Fee Schedule at least every 2 years, or more often as necessary.
"Advertising" refers to any situation in which Defeat Diabetes Foundation receives payment or in-kind gifts in exchange for a link or brand placement on a Foundation Web page. Please see definitions above.
• All accounts payable in U.S. Dollars
• Advertisements must be received by DDF 10 days prior to commencement of campaign.
• Campaign will begin on the date specified in the insertion order and run until the purchased
impressions have been delivered.
• No cancellations or alterations will be accepted after the start date. Cancellations must be submitted in writing.
• DDF assumes no responsibility for delays in the posting of ads.
• DDF assumes no responsibility for correcting errors in copy or for the addition of key contact numbers.
• DDF may elect to re-run prior ads or release space if new copy is not received by the end of term.
• Rates are subject to change without notice. Advertiser on contract shall have the option to cancel within ten (10) days of the notification date if rates are changed.
• Pricing - All prices listed are net. We do not offer discounts for advertising agencies. We do not deduct advertising agency commissions from our prices. Ad agencies are responsible for the full prices listed here and should add their fee to our prices before presenting a proposal to their client.
• Pricing for advertising placement may change without notice. Payment must be made in advance of ad delivery. Payment can be made via check, MasterCard or VISA.
• Artwork - Art and link information must be provided at the time of placement.
Please note that all ad sizes conform to the Interactive Bureau of Advertising guidelines. All advertising rates are per month. Advertisers may book the following sizes and placement on the website:
|120 x 240 pixels||$1600.00|
|120 x 90 pixels||$800.00|
|120 x 60 pixels||$600.00|
|234 x 60 pixels||$1500.00|
|234 x 60 pixels||$1000.00|
|180 x 150 pixels||$850.00|
|125 x 125 pixels||$750.00|
|120 x 90 pixels||$600.00|
|120 x 60 pixels||$500.00|
|88 x 31 pixels||$250.00|
|234 x 60 pixels||$800.00|
|180 x 150 pixels||$650.00|
|125 x 125 pixels||$500.00|
|120 x 90 pixels||$500.00|
|120 x 60 pixels||$400.00|
|88 x 31 pixels||$200.00|
|234 x 60 pixels||$400.00|
|180 x 150 pixels||$325.00|
|125 x 125 pixels||$250.00|
|120 x 90 pixels||$250.00|
|120 x 60 pixels||$200.00|
|88 x 31 pixels||$100.00|